Tuesday, September 23, 2008

プラネタリウム

All eleven ham-babies have left our hamstery, and the place is strangely quiet. No exaggeration.

And that is despite the fact that we have 6 roborovskis, 10 adult dwarfs and two boarders with us still. Today is the first day I've woken up without anyone squeaking their lungs out, wrestling and playfighting with each other. I know, few people believe baby hamsters can make so much ruckus.

A number of editing projects have been assigned to me and I've been happily working on these along with my own book. I guess if my book ends up failing I can still try to find work as an editor somewhere :P

Nah, it doesn't make sense, and I do plan on finding a less unconventional job once I'm done with the book so people will stop commenting on my "joblessness". Apparently in Singapore, everything other than a full-time job equates to "joblessness". Whether these people are just showing their concern or not, I should stop talking about work here lest I get mis-interpreted again.

Maybe that is why I am reluctant to blog these days. It is tedious to deal with concerned people when there is nothing to be concerned about.

Anti-social? Maybe that's an applicable word right now, but frankly, I don't really have any extra emotions to invest outside of family and a handful of closer friends.

My two remaining grandparents are not very well and it is taking the toll on both sides of my family. I find myself glad that I've played out the traditional, good grand-daughter role and got married whilst the both of them could still come and attend my wedding. I know my grandfather will never say it but it means a lot to him. I suppose in some ways, through fulfilling my function as a grand-daughter to marry out well, it somehow helps to explain the way my grandmother treats me?

I think I'm beginning to understand it a little bit. Though I don't think I have it in me to agree with it.

--

Anime/j-dramas I have been watching with Rz lately:

1. Vampire Knight
2. Nobuta wo Produce
3. Fruits Basket
4. Rosario to Vampire
5. Nodame Cantabile
6. Furuba
7. Bleach - The Diamond Dust Rebellion
8. Prince of Tennis
9. Hanazakari no Kimitachi E (all over again)
10. Absolute Boyfriend
11. Boys over Flowers
12. Pink no Idenshi

I just felt like plastering a list somewhere, so don't mind me.

--

Photos:

"Will wait for food.." Tiramisu

"Nani?" Cupcake

Fully-pouched Soya

Kimchi + Tortilla's 3rd Litter

Furry Z-monster! Pancake

*glare* Mee


- 23 September 2008 2:55pm -

No comments: